I endeavor to sing your praises to the ends of the earth, for You are worthy to be exalted. You are great and greatly to be praised.
Heaven and earth declares your glory. You have created the wonders of the universe. I marvel at the daily display of your awesome work.
Everything our eyes can behold is riddled with your goodness and greatness . The works of your hands are beyond spectacular. Words simply cannot begin to express the magnitude of who you are.
Everything is held together so perfectly by you. The sun rises and sets each day and is viewed by everyone at different times all over the world. Who else could do something so unfathomable? You paint the night skies so we can admire the beauty of what you create. The seas obey your commands, we are not submerged by it, awesome Father!
You have woven me together so creatively.When I think about how we were formed from the dust of the earth, I’m left in awe. Men cannot take the glory for such an incredible work of art.
Oh lord my God how excellent are you works. None can be compared to you, oh mighty King. You alone are God of the universe and I will sing of your greatness forever!
Do Not Worry
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
This scripture is here to remind us that God sees, He hears, and He definitely cares. I just want to encourage you, it’s ok not to worry. The world glorifies worrying in a sense that it shows that you’re concerned and that you’re a “go getter” (however you say it) . We’re constantly told to take matters into our own hands, trying to control our own future . What would you think if I said that’s not the way God wants it? He wants us to leave those things up to him. He promises that if we seek His kingdom, He will meet our needs.
It’s so true that worrying does nothing to help our situation. It just makes us feel stressed out about things we cannot control. So instead of getting worked up for nothing, just relax, take a deep breath and hand your troubles and worries to the one who can take care of you.
Prayer: Lord please help us to let go of our worries and trust in You!
A few things to know before getting married
Be so passionate about God that even if you were to remain single you would be fine. Know God and love God. Be complete in yourself, do not look for someone to complete you.
Know your worth; love yourself, build your self-confidence, believe in yourself. You deserve nothing less than the best. Ain’t nothing worse than an insecure individual, it sucks the life out of any relationship.
Give your list to God, make sure your desires are in line with what God wants. Make sure your list prioritizes the things that will matter in the long run.
Let your past experiences guide you in choosing your spouse. Don’t make the same mistakes over and over again. If a particular trait didn’t work the first two times most definitely it wouldn’t work the third time around. Be wise! Recognize recurring negative signs!
Things wouldn’t always go as planned; loneliness may step in, hormones will rage. Keep yourself occupied and make sure you stay focused on your goals.
Ask God to help you to choose the right person. Pray for discernment. Pray that those with ill intentions will be steered clear from you and that you would know when you’ve met the right person.
Don’t be scared to state your intentions and your expectations.
Make sure you’re on the same page especially where your relationship with God is concerned. Do not be unequally yoked! Get someone who can be strong enough to lift you up in your weak moments and vice versa.
Be yourself, be fun and confident!
If it’s been years and you can’t decide whether you’re ready to get married then you might just not be ready.
Long courtships don’t necessarily mean you’ll know the person better. You have to trust God with that part of your future, some people are great at hiding things. Pray for God to reveal all the deal breakers before you tie the knot.
That’s a familiar saying isn’t it? Life has its ups and its downs. Some days are good and some days are not so good. That’s life eh! Can you guess what kind of day I’m having? It’s one of those days, one of those not so good days. It’s like I’m being hit by reality left, right and center. But reality ain’t got nothing on my God! God can and will turn things around.
What should I do to combat these feelings that I’m having on this not so good day? I’ll Go to my manual for everyday living, that’s what I’ll do.
Here are some scriptures we can read when we need that extra boost of encouragement :
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalms 46:1-3 God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging
- 2 Timothy 1:7 God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
- Psalms 55: 22 Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.
- Psalms 119:50 My comfort in my suffering is this ; Your promise preserves my life.
- Psalms 120:1 I call on the Lord in my distress, and He answers me.
- Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
As I read those verses I literally felt the burdens being lifted off of me. Thank God for the power of His word.
When you’re feeling downcast and burdened go to your manual for everday living, the word of God.
It’s not as easy as it sounds. Many people say it so casually “you need to have faith” without telling you that it takes hard work. So some people run away with the idea that it’s easy, and become overly discouraged when they are hit with the reality, that having faith can be very hard.
Have you ever made up in your mind that you were going to put your faith and trust in Gods word but then doubt steps in and whoops there goes all your plans to believe. This has happened to me so often. It can be a real struggle especially if you’re accustomed to having your doubt overrule everything in your life.
You have to be prepared to put in the work and work overtime as well. Doubt creeps in so easily sometimes and it seems almost natural to believe the doubts. But having faith takes us consistently and consciously fighting against the doubt and praying for the strength to believe in the promises of God. It’s saying, God right now it’s so easy to doubt but give me the strength to believe in you.
Your doubts will be so loud at times it’ll take all you have to muster the courage to pray. It’s all about changing your habits. We all know how hard it is to get rid of an old habit. Mindfully making the decision to ignore your doubts and pray to God for his strength to believe in His word.
I need you to know it’s not going to be easy, so be prepared to fight through your doubts and reach out to God to help your unbelief and He will! Before you know it, your new habit will be trusting in God and ignoring the doubts.
Your faith will be enriched!
Just Keep relying on God’s strength!
Today’s is my father’s 65th birthday. Happy birthday daddy! I just wanted to share 4 things I admire most about my dad.
1. Daddy as a strong leader, looking back I have never seen a moment my father looked weak or incapable of doing anything. He was well respected in the home and the community.
2. Daddy as the most intelligent man I know, from English to Biology, Psychology, Theology you name it daddy knows it. My father had a mini library in his bedroom and he read all of those books. Not only that, he can remember what he read too. Wow! I would always try to pick his brains just because I’m amazed at all the things he knows.
3. My dad as provider, daddy always worked hard to provide for us. Even though we’re all grown he still makes sure he set aside some of his groceries for his children, we appreciate you. He made sure we always got what we needed growing up. He would tell stories of times when things were really hard and they didnt know where our next meal would come from but I have never seen that side. Bills taken care of, food taken care of, roof over our head, shoes on our feet, clothes on our back. He made sure our birthdays and Christmases were special, we always looked forward to receiving our gifts from.
4. Daddy as my spiritual leader and example. Daddy was very disciplined and consistent in his faith. Never once did I have to worry if daddy still believed in God. No matter what may have been going on, he never caused us to doubt his faith in God. Every new school year daddy anointed our heads with oil and prayed for us. Every single Sunday morning we’d have devotions , daddy was showing us that we needed to rely on God for everything. Now we will pass this on to our children. Thank you!
I appreciate you being there for us Daddy! We’re looking forward to many more birthdays!
What is the favour of the Lord? Some think it’s when things always work according to their plan. I used to think that’s what the favour of the Lord is. I’ve been awaken though, now I believe it is the will of the Lord for our lives perfectly working itself out for our good in God’s way and His timings. This means the favour of the Lord can come in the form of rejection or heartbreaks. It’s not always going to be all butterflies and smiles in the sunlight. Yea, sometimes it will hurt. How can it hurt and still be the favour of God? You’d ask. It’s simple, we believe that God is all knowing and He certainly is. What we may think is best for our lives God knows we’re way off course. So when we ask God for his favour, He does what He knows is best for us. What God knows is always more accurate than what we may think, imagine, calculate and all that stuff.
We’re off to an interview, well prepared. We pray, God I thank you for your favour , which basically means we want to get through with the job, period. If we dont get the job we somehow doubt we have the favour of the Lord upon us.
Can I challenge us to change the way we think? Instead, when we pray for His favour, realise that whichever way it goes it is the favour of the Lord working in that situation. So if you don’t get the job know that God is seeing the bigger picture He knows everything about the future and it happened that way for a reason.
Praying for God’s favour upon your life is putting absolute trust in who God is. You let go of all your ideas and trust that what God does is the best for you. Trust God!
Easier said than done, it is. But can we “challenge” ourselves to really rely on God. Challenge being the operative word. The song writer Donnie McClurkin says it best:
II know that faith is easy when everything is going well
But can you still believe in Me when your life’s a living hell?
And when all the things around you seem to quickly fade away
There’s just one thing I really want to know
Will you let go? (I’ll trust you, Lord)
Will you stand on My word? (I’ll trust you, Lord)
Against all odds will you believe what I have said? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
What seems impossible (I’ll trust You, Lord)
Will you believe? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
Every promise that I made will you receive? (Yes, I will trust You, Lord)
I know how bad it hurt you when that loved one’s life came to an end
And when they had to leave you, you said you’d never love again
But will you trust that I can help you and I’ll never turn away?
Will you trust Me, child, no matter, come what may?
What if it hurts? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
What if you cry? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
What if it doesn’t work out the first time that you try? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
What if you call My name (I’ll trust You, lord)
And you don’t feel Me near? (I’ll trust You, Lord)
Will you believe in Me or will you fear? Oh, my child?
(Yes, I will trust, You Lord)
I will trust
I will trust
I will trust
Oh, oh, oh, oh know that faith is easy when everything is going well
Let us trust in God!
Prayer: Lord help me to trust you wholeheartedly when I pray for your favour.
To a sister in Christ , your time spent here with us was great! I’ve only interacted with you for brief moments and your radiance , your light shone through everytime. I’m absolutely positive that those closest to you were tremendously blessed and will miss you immensely because of how much you’ve touched their lives.
This takes me back to the longest conversation we’ve ever had. It was riddled with your faith in Christ and the great inner strength you possess. I admired that alot. I don’t know how you did it. You were the perfect example of demonstrating peace within the storm.
It makes me think about the little conversations I’ve had with random people, will it leave an impact on them as much as yours did me? Life is definitely not about the big moments but about the little moments that leaves big impact on people’s lives.
For me every time I encountered you, you beamed of hope, joy, you had such a peaceful garment over you. I can’t think of a time I saw you and you look sad or troubled. I admired you!
Even though I’ve only had minimum exposure to you, all I honestly ever saw was Christ in you. You beamed Christ! I know for sure you have had your fare amount of trials and tests but yet if you hadn’t shared that part of your life with me, I would have never known. I believe you finished well. I’m positive those closest to you will attest to this. You ran this race well my sister. Now I can only aspire to leave such an indelible mark on everyone I meet. For them to see Christ in and through me Like I saw Him through you. I admired you.
I mourn with your loved ones but also I’m rejoicing with you because you gained heaven, you gained eternity, the hope and joy in which we live for. Philippians 1:21 says, “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
ENJOY HEAVEN MY SISTER!!!
DEDICATED TO SUZANNE ABIGAIL HOYTE
Thoughts of one of the many lives you’ve impacted. Thank you!
I wish I could’ve said this to your face 😥😪
Your soul will rest in peace!